Val CHA Cost Roll Notes 20 STR 10 13- Lift 400 kg; 4d6 HTH Damage  20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7 25 CON 30 14- 25 BODY 30 14- 25 INT 15 14- PER Roll 14- 25 EGO 30 14- ECV: 8 25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6 6 COM -2 10- 4 PD 0 Total: 4 PD (0 rPD) 5 ED 0 Total: 5 ED (0 rED) 5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 15 REC 12 70 END 10 48 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 200 Movement: Running: 6"/12" Leaping: 4"/8" Swimming: 2"/4" Cost Powers & Skills 20 Ghost/Banshee Powers: Elemental Control, 40-point powers 50 1) Drain END 4d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), NND (defense is Hearing Group Flash Defense; +1/2), END 7 60 2) EB 8d6, NND (defense is Hearing Group Flash Defense; +1), END 8 28 3) Hearing Group Flash 8d6, Area Of Effect (6" Cone; +1), END 5 70 4) RKA 3d6, Area Of Effect (10" Cone; +1), END 9 20 5) Desolidification (affected by magical attacks), END 4 10 6) Precognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group); Precognition Only (-1), END 4 20 Invisibility to Sight Group ,END 2 25 Extra-Dimensional Movement (from Limbo to any point on Earth), END 2 5 Sight Group Images 1" radius; Set Effect (Only Only To Show A Person's Death, Or A Great Disaster; -1), END 1 50 LS (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep) Talents 20 Universal Translator 14- Skills 7 Mimicry 16- 11 Stealth 17- Total Powers & Skill Cost: 396 Total Cost: 596 200+ Disadvantages 5 Hunted: London Watch 8- (As Pow, Limited Geographical Area, Capture) 10 Hunted: New Knights Of The Round Table 8- (As Pow, Capture) 10 Hunted: Primal Entities Of The Universe 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching) 10 Hunted: Vandeleur Family 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish) 25 Psychological Limitation: Compelled To Haunt Those Fated To Die Soon (Very Common, Total) 20 Reputation: Harbinger Of Death, 14- (Extreme) 20 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY (Common) 296 Experience Points 596 Total Disadvantage Points
1) Banshee paid 10 points for 25 BODY. Corrected to 30 points.
2) Banshee paid 30 points for a 25 INT. Corrected to 15 points.
3) Rebuilt Banshee's Elemental Control. The original version used a base of 40-point powers (as I did), but never subtracted 20 points from the first slot. Major changes were in the first slot, which uses the 5th Edition rule on swapping exotic defenses in an NND, and in slot 3, with the reduced value for a non-Targeting Sense Flash.
4) Removed Banshee's Distinctive Features. If Takofanes doesn't get Distinctive Features for being basically a walking corpse, then Banshee sure doesn't. Oh, and speaking of Takofanes, Banshee's 6 COM should be reduced to 2, to match his, since they basically look alike.
5) Adjusted Banshee's Hunted. The Hunted (Watched) dropped from 20 points to 10, as the only way to get 20 points for a Watched is MoPow, NCI, 14-.
6) I folded Banshee's two original Psychological Limitations, "Compelled To Haunt Those Fated To Die Soon" and "Compelled To Show Victim The Image Of His Death" into one, as the second limitation seemed to basically be a subset of the first (i.e. haunting), and thus not a valid limitation.
7) The original version of Banshee cost 631 points. She (sidhe?) now costs 596, a 35 point decrease. She lost 60 points in the revised Elemental Control, but gained 20 pack with the increased cost of Life Support.
8) Assessment: The original version of the character showed Ireland on the location map instead of Scotland. The errata sheet corrects this. Which brings up one of my pet peeves about the book—the utter lack of imagination in character creation. As seen with Godfather, many of the characters in the book are horribly clichéd representations of something the country in question is known for. Thus, the Scottish-themed villain is the banshee. I guess it could be worse, it could have been a caber-tossing brick (which would have been unique, at any rate). We will see this again soon, trust me.
Banshee has very low defenses for a 596-point supernatural ghost/bringer of death. In fact, they are virtually nonexistent. You'd expect her defenses to be resistant, at the very least, and certainly higher. A standard 12d6 Energy Blast will inflict (on average) 8 BODY and 33-38 STUN. On opening barrage of shots from the Champions would virtually destroy Banshee in one Phase. Oh, and even allowing for comic book liberties, the Scottish Banshee isn't anything remotely like what is described in the book.
Return to European Enemies Character Revisions