Val CHA Cost Roll Notes 13 STR 3 12- 150kg; 2 1/2d6 18 DEX 24 13- OCV: 6/DCV: 6 13 CON 6 12- 13 BODY 6 12- 18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 15- 23 EGO 26 14- ECV: 8 28 PRE 18 15- PRE Attack: 5 1/2d6 36 COM 13 16- 5 PD 2 Total: 5 PD 3 ED 0 Total: 3 ED 4 SPD 12 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12 9 REC 6 30 END 2 32 STUN 5 Total Characteristics Cost: 131 Movement: Running: 6"/12" Swimming: 2"/4" Cost Powers & Skills Combat Training: 8 Combat Skill Levels: +1 with all Combat 2 Combat Skill Levels: +1 with bows Elf Racial Powers: 6 Life Support: Immune to Aging, Immune to Disease 6 Enhanced Perception: +2 with PER roll 3 Ultrasonic Hearing 5 Ultraviolet Vision Magic Powers: 37 Healing Powers Variable Power Pool: 30-pt Pool Change Only in Certain Circumstance; Restricted Type of Powers Available Background Skills: 2 Contact: Aragorn; Usefulness: Normal, +0 11- 8 Contact: Elrond; Usefulness: Extremely, +2 15- 4 Contact: Galadriel; Usefulness: Extremely, +2 11- 4 Adûnaic (Completely Fluent w/accent); Literacy 5 AK: Rivendell and Lothlórien 15- 3 Conversation 15- 7 High Society 17- 3 KS: Dúnedain History 13- 3 KS: Elven History 13- 10 KS: Herbs and Healing Lore 20- 13 Paramedic 18- 10 Overall Level: +1 1 Quenya (Native Accent); Literacy 5 Riding 14- 6 Sindarin (Imitate Dialects); Literacy 4 Westron (Native Accent); Literacy 4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons 159 Total Powers & Skills Cost 290 Total Character Cost 75+ Disadvantages 20 Distinctive Features: Elf-Lord (Con, Ext) Psychological Limitation: 10 Love of Aragorn (Uncommon, Strong) 15 Reclusive (Common, Strong) 5 Watched: Elrond (MoPow) 8- 165 Evenstar Bonus 290 Total Disadvantage Points
Arwen is the daughter of Elrond and Celebrian, and is therefore of the most noble lineage of elves in Middle Earth. She is destined to be the fourth and last elf-maid to marry a mortal. Like her future husband, she is descended from Maia, elf and man (Aragorn is directly descended from her uncle, Elros). She dwelled in Imladris (Rivendell) and Lorien since the dawn of the Third Age (over three thousand years) before falling in love with Aragorn.
Eventually, Arwen marries Aragorn and makes the decision not to follow her father over the sea to the West, but makes the decision to remain with Aragorn and become mortal. She dies one year after he does and is buried at Cerin Amroth in Lorien.
Arwen (the name means "Royal-Maiden") is said to be supremely beautiful, recalling the beauty of her ancestor, Luthien, the first elf-maid to marry a mortal. Because she is fated to be last such beauty of her race in Middle-Earth, she is surnamed Undomiel, or Evenstar.
1. Little beside her beauty is explicitly stated about Arwen, who makes only one appearance in the novels. Some things are known: her lineage and great age, and the fact that she is said to be wise and compassionate. Given these things, I have decided to make her a healer. Hence, the VPP and appropriate skills.
2. I've given Arwen some fundamental weapons skills because she is a noble elf, at least partially descended from the Noldo. Her brothers Elladan and Elrohir are said to be great captains, so I reason that she should have at least enough knowledge to acquit herself well.
3. Her high Presence and Ego I see as part and parcel of her lineage. It might have been reasonable to giver her Mental Defense as well. I didn't simply because such magic is unheard of except for the Power of the One Ring, and all the elven lords scrupulously avoid that. Her high Comeliness I think is reasonable for the most beautiful being in more than six thousand years.
4. The 'reclusive' disadvantage I've given her simply because she does seem absent in at least two key scenes, though this may be more because Elrond wants her away from Aragorn. I've given her skill in Numenorean and Dunadan history simply because she is in love with Aragorn, and I think she would have studied it, if she didn't know it already.
5. A 3,000 year-old elf (considered young!) would probably have many more skills and much more knowledge than this, but I think these are the ones that would define her.